PIA (Private Internet Access) Review.

Kinda, still here Spud! :) just never post or log in much..

It has been some time so I do not have all sources from that time.. However PIA is based in the USA and can subject to a gag order so basically the NSA can do whatever they want without PIA telling their customers what the NSA is doing or is trying to do.

Kinda, still here Spud! :) just never post or log in much..

It has been some time so I do not have all sources from that time.. However PIA is based in the USA and can subject to a gag order so basically the NSA can do whatever they want without PIA telling their customers what the NSA is doing or is trying to do.

The reason they're based in the US is partially because we have no data retention laws. So they don't keep logfiles on their servers of traffic.

The reason they're based in the US is partially because we have no data retention laws. So they don't keep logfiles on their servers of traffic.

Carnage, are you aware of the IP A \ B in the UK or at least GB..

Have a look and do some research on Google.co.uk if you have never hears of it.

Then you will understand my aversion to M$ Windows Desktop variants and my love and passion for the likes of GCM or even CBC Encryption over 256 Bit with even SH1 ..

It stands for Investigatory Powers Act \ Bill ..

If you can understand the full extent of it and do a bit research you understand why I have such a fear of the likes of FB + No VPN + M$ Win 10 .. I mean, oh my holy lord .. It doesnt bare thinking about.

GCM 256 Bit FTW ..

Carnage, are you aware of the IP A \ B in the UK or at least GB..

Have a look and do some research on Google.co.uk if you have never hears of it.

Then you will understand my aversion to M$ Windows Desktop variants and my love and passion for the likes of GCM or even CBC Encryption over 256 Bit with even SH1 ..

It stands for Investigatory Powers Act \ Bill ..

If you can understand the full extent of it and do a bit research you understand why I have such a fear of the likes of FB + No VPN + M$ Win 10 .. I mean, oh my holy lord .. It doesnt bare thinking about.

GCM 256 Bit FTW ..

Erm.. what has encryption got to do with FB, M$ and no VPN? did I miss something lol

Erm.. what has encryption got to do with FB, M$ and no VPN? did I miss something lol

I was talking about the public domain and easy availability of access to information.

Even if you use something like CBC on a 256Bit encryption with SHA1 for verification its better to have something than nothing at all. I think GCM is now becoming a fast standard. I'm not sure about that but I know the OpenVPN protocol has become a standard it self from what I read months ago.

I just don't particularity want people eaves dropping on my online communications.. & also being careful about what I share in general in 2018 ..

Great review!

I also used Private Internet Access for a year. The deal was too good to pass up. Also, at the time, there were a great number of reviews praising PIA for not logging and not being in the "5 Eyes" jurisdiction (Not sure about recent). It was a great VPN. PIA had Speed, simplicity and reliability. One thing I did not like was that the username and password were not configurable at the time. So you would need to have a copy of a long character username/password.

Back
Top Bottom