Lamptron FC3 Limited Edition Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymate

Golden Master

Lamptron FC-3 Limited Edition Fan Controller
By: Dan Durland

Introduction

Today we will be looking at the FC-3 Limited Edition Fan Controller from the Lamptron Co., Ltd. Founded in 2006 in Qinhuangdao City, China, Lamptron develops and markets high performance computer peripherals in three principal areas:
  • PC Gaming products
  • PC Silence products
  • PC Modding products

Features

• Available in (2) Models
  • Available in (2) Colors - Black Anodized or Silver
  • CNC Milled from blocks of 3/4" Thick Solid Aluminum
  • Normal Output 30W Each Channel
  • Four 3-pin Fan Connections on Backside
  • LED Brightness is Controlled by RPM Knob

Specifications

• Dimensions: 150x43x80 mm (5.25" Bay)
  • Max. Power: 30W per channel
  • Control Channel: 4 Channels
  • DC Input: +12V (Standard 4-pin Connector)
  • DC Output: 0V - 12V DC
  • LED Indicator: (4) Blue LED - one per channel
  • Fan Connector: (4) - one per channel
  • Fan RPM Knobs: (4) - one per channel

Image Gallery

In these first three pictures we see the product packaging.

In our next two pictures we first see the FC-3 Limited Edition securely resting in its packaging and with the content removed and displayed.

The next three pictures show the front of the controller as well as the circuit board from two different angles. I would like to note that not only is this controller good looking, but it's extremely well made. The faceplate and the mesh backing are securely fastened to the housing and the knobs are stiff but easily adjusted. This is not a cheap flimsy controller like those often packaged with a fan.

Before I installed the FC-3 Limited Edition Fan Controller I checked all four channels for proper operation. Each channel properly adjusted the voltage from 0 to 12V with no dead spots in the voltage range.

The last two pictures show the FC-3 Limited Edition Fan Controller installed and fully operational in my office workstation.

Conclusion

Pros
  • Pleasing Designs
  • Sturdy Construction
  • 30W per Channel
  • Easy Installation

Cons
  • Expensive (approximately $50 US)

While I listed expensive as a con I have to say you get what you pay for, which in this case is a aesthetically pleasing, well constructed product. If $50 is just to high of a price the standard FC-3 is available in the $30 -$35 range. I would also like to point out that at 30W per channel, each channel is capable of operating approximately (8) standard 120 mm fans. Watts = Amps x Volts and most standard 120 mm 12V fans need about .3A to operate.

I would like to thank Lamptron for allowing Tech-Forums the opportunity to review their product line (we have a few more reviews in progress) and I'm awarding the FC-3 Limited Edition Fan Controller 4.5 Stars.

45star.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom