Wow, I'm dense

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemandave

Baseband Member
I didn't even realize this section was here. Well, I've been screwing around with computers since the TRaSh-80 my dad bought when I was 4. The first computer he ever bought for me only was a Tandy 1000HX, and I spent more time on that than I did in the garage with my dad and grandfather.

The last few years I've spent modding computers and hacking hardware. On my days off, I spend time reading hackaday, i-hacked, slashdot and the Register.

I'll get around to posting pics of my modded case when I finish it. I've dremeled bullet holes into the acrylic, added two white cold cathode tubes, and have a chromed case fan in the middle of the acrylic window. I'm sanding paint off and trying to rust the steel a bit to give it the "stressed" look. Next week I'm taking the solid steel side to the range and letting the gun club put a few rounds through it. I repainted the plastic behind the front bezel with a metallic silver color and changed the LEDs in the HDD activity light from green to red. I'm changing them again to white, and the power indicator LED to white.

I also spend a bit of time coding for the garage I work for, and I'm also the network engineer there. Not a fun job; the guy before me thought he was a networking master. LOL.

Anyway, I hope this board is going to be a nice hangout.

**Cue up Guns & Roses** "Welcome to the jungle.." (sorry, Shumway... you triggered some old memories).

Welcome to Tech-Forums, Dave. It's a great place to be.

TRaSh80, huh? My start came with the CoCo. But, then, I was in high school when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom