Windows "Installer" folder taking up massive space - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Windows "Installer" folder taking up massive space

So lately ive been noticing my C Drive (250gb) getting smaller and smaller, even though I haven't downloaded much. Recently it ran out of space so i went through and deleted a bunch of stuff, but there was sill at least 100gb of unaccounted data. After much searching I finally found 120gb in the "Installer" folder.
Everywhere I look everyone says not to meddle with the folder and I cant seem to find anyone giving a straight answer on how to clean it up. If it were 30gb to 40gb like most people having this problem I could deal, but 120? There must be something in there I can get rid of, right?
Im using windows 7. (I dont know if any other specs are relevant, but im happy to disclose more if it will help)

Tags
hard drive, installer, windows 7