What a great forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaMasta

Beta member
I've been lurking for 1 day so far, and in this short period, I have absorbed a lot of information. I was naive to believe building a computer from the ground up would be a cake walk. Looks like I have a lot to learn, and I am glad a free and open forum like this exists for our edification.

A little about me: I write programs that simulate ocean vehicles and tethered buoys. My codes are usually developed in C++, but have I dabbled in Fortran. My goal is to obtain a workstation PC that can compile and execute these codes very fast. The programs I create don't simulate fast enough on my current system (it typically takes 10 minutes of execution time before I realize something is amiss). I do have the option to purchase a $2000 PC, but it seems to me higher end commercial PC's are packed with hardware I really don't have a need for. I am slowly coming to the realization I need to custom build a computer suited to my own technical needs. And this leads me to why I am here: to educate myself to the point where I can confidently assembly a PC, as well as hep those around me who have similar concerns.

This community seems very knowledgeable in hardware amalgamation. I also see several members of this community are proficient programmers. Though I do not know anything about hardware, I am excited about the possibility of contributing to any programming question that may arise.

Welcome to Tech Forums :D We should be able to help you build the perfect system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom