What can I do w a Asus Google Chromebook?

_Cybercat_

Beta member
So I don't know much about tech stuff but I'm trying to learn a little more. However, when asking people how I should learn, they often tell me to just start "messing around with my computer." now normally that would be the case however its a bit hard bc I own a Google Chrome book which is a piece of ****. Its only a browser so it doesn't support any software on it. Only internet use. so I'm not really sure what I can do to start working with software and I can't really work on the hardware bc I don't wanna break it and be left without a computer. Any tips as to what I can do with this computer and how I can use and what kind of projects I can start working on to familiarize myself with IT?

You can usually install some versions of Linux on them, if you want to go that route (have a backup disc / flash drive ready in case you want to revert back to ChromeOS).

You can usually install some versions of Linux on them, if you want to go that route (have a backup disc / flash drive ready in case you want to revert back to ChromeOS).

That depends on the chromebook, if they have special processors this may not work.
I mean yes Chromebooks do have a purpose, for people who just browse the net.
But for actual work?
Yeah not so much.

what exactly is Linux?

Linux is a kernel and the core of many systems, in fact Chrome OS is based on linux as is android.
Linux is also the backbone of the internet as a lot of websites run off it including google.
You just never heard of it because linux is a secret hidden by many as only brands matter for most like Apple or Microsoft yet even Microsoft is starting to use linux in some fashion too despite the ones behind windows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom