w00t! To all fellow Tech Forum PC Gamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjawithagun

Solid State Member
I am new to this forum, but have been PC gaming for about 5 years now. I am by no means an expert gamer - in fact most of you probably have more hours gaming in just a year or two compared to my 5 years. Humble pie is good! lol

I would say that I am into having the best hardware than what is equivalent to my actual gaming ability. I recently built a new Core i7 system and made my "older" Yorkfield system my secondary gaming system for friends and family to use when they come to visit over at the house. Also, it comes in handy when I am conducting my monthly maintenance to my primary rig.

Here's my hardware setups:

Primary gaming rig:

MSI Eclipse X58 motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz (stock)
Thermaltake V1 HSF (LGA1366 version)
6GB (3 x 2GB) Super Talent DDR3 1600
Corsair Dominator Airflow (memory cooler)
2 x Asus GTX295 cards in Quad SLI
2 x WD Velociraptor 300GB SATA II 10,000 RPM HDD in RAID 0 (64 bit Vista Ultimate)
1 x Seagate 750GB SATA II HDD (Storage)
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty sound card w/front panel
Thermaltake Toughpower 1000 Watt Modular PSU
Antec 900 (Rev 1.1)

Secondary gaming rig:

EVGA 750i FTW motherboard
Intel Xeon X3350 (Q9450 equivalent)
Thermaltake V1 HSF
4GB (4 x 1GB) Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066
Corsair Dominator Airflow (memory cooler)
2 x EVGA GTX280 Superclocked cards in SLI
Creative SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty sound card w/front panel
Corsair HX1000 1000 Watt Modular PSU
Antec 900 (Rev 1.1)

I would definitely like to ask any fellow Core i7 system owners to please share your expertise in helping me overclock my system.

Take care to all and I look forward to socializing more in the forums.

Best regards,

Ninjawithagun

Hello there Ninjawithagun. Welcome!

I'm new here as well. I think you'll like it here. It's a very friendly forum. I've enjoyed myself so far.

Those are a couple of mighty systems you got there. You must be loaded.

Jesus dude. Overboard on hardware much?

Anyway, it's probably a good thing that you spread a typical gamer's gaming time in a couple years into five years for you. Have fun with that hardware.

Hey Xandubomb and aaronkupen, thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I went a bit overboard on the PC hardware. I just couldn't let go of my "old" system so I kept it. I originally had planned to surplant a majority of the main system parts when I built the Core i7 system, but just kept buying this and that and the next thing I knew I had two complete systems.

That's it though - no more new computer hardware for me! Those GTX295s really took out the last free dough I had. At least I was able to get $30 MIR on each one :D

Also, I am always selling pc hardware every couple of months and usually let things go for pretty cheap when compared to ebay or newegg even after shipping & handling. I will definitely keep you guys in mind if you would be interested. There is a sale forum on this site, so I will make sure to obey the proper rules when posting these items.

So Xandubomb, what kind of system do you have? I see that aaronkupen has a nice Intel Core 2 Duo system...

Ninjawithagun said:
So Xandubomb, what kind of system do you have? I see that aaronkupen has a nice Intel Core 2 Duo system...
Not much. Just a simple laptop. I don't do much but surf the internet. I used to have an elaborate setup, but I sold it for money, and the simplicity of having a portable computer.

Not much. Just a simple laptop. I don't do much but surf the internet. I used to have an elaborate setup, but I sold it for money, and the simplicity of having a portable computer.

lol - yeah, I can understand that. Money is tight for a lot of folks right now. That and fact that having a laptop is really a high priority for some ppl - especially students.

How funny is that - I will be needing a laptop pretty soon when I head back to college later this year. I just might have to sell my secondary gaming rig afterall :(

Hey, welsome :)
If you ever decide to sell that second rig PM me, i may be interested :rolleyes:

And what games do you play? Could have a game sometime

welcome to the forum mate.

I am new to this forum, but have been PC gaming for about 5 years now. I am by no means an expert gamer - in fact most of you probably have more hours gaming in just a year or two compared to my 5 years. Humble pie is good! lol

lol don't remind me how many hours i put into gaming, it is sad to say the least.
Nice rig you have there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom