IT Specailist, Coding, or Developer career advise

rj2009

Beta member
Hello everyone my name is RJ, an i'm looking to make a new career move in my life as i am getting more and more attracted to the world of computers,Design, and coding, and more. Can anyone help with a solid starting point to get started as i'm currently 35 and employed full time with a family can it be done? lol, any help is greatly accepted. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

Youtube has a ton of free tutorials on all of the above :thumbsup: if you think you might be interested in one of those fields, start off with an intro tutorial and see how you find it I'd say

It indeed can be done - it will just take some time in deciding what field exactly interests you, as well as making sure you stick with it.

As a software developer, I'll say that learning a programming language (particularly if you don't already know one - which make things easier), is like learning another spoken language - you need to learn the layout of the language (syntax) to be able to speak it (develop software).

Definitely look up some videos and stuff on YouTube. MIT also has their entire course catalog for free online; would suggest looking to that, as they have not only development courses but normal IT courses as well so that you can get a better idea of what you're interested in.

If development interests you, then I'd definitely suggest going over to www.codeacademy.com and checking out some of the beginner tutorials there. You'd just need to decide on which language(s) you'd want to start out with.

First of all, you should make clear about in which sphere you want to evolve (Mobile, web or game development). Than, find the books which admit as those the most popular and intresting. If you have not much time, try to studying programming or design about one hour every day. The main thing, don't forget about your goal and wishes.

Back
Top Bottom