Some history - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Ghost

Default Re: Some history

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve10765 View Post
That's funny, this forum has been a tremendous help to me whenever I have some convoluted problem that I can't find the answer for on google. I originally joined because I needed help deciding which of these two budget laptops would be better for gaming. Long story short, I was brutally seduced into building my own computer, and now I've gone through a few builds and have learned a lot. Building a gaming desktop over buying a $550 laptop(for games) was such a good choice. Thank you guys!
An interesting choice of words, though @PP can be quite err, *persuasive*

Old 01-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Both Filthy and Casual

Default Re: Some history

I found my way here in 2014 not long after starting my I.T. job with the Evergreen School District. I had heard the word "gigaflop", and thought it was fake. I had no idea that it existed until I googled it, and TF was the first result that came up. After some poking around (I must admit I wasn't interested in a gigaflop as an amount, but simply that it did exist), I saw the gaming threads, the build threads, and got the feeling that things were pretty friendly 'round these parts. I've been a minor irritation ever since

PopoChubbs is offline   Reply With Quote