short intro - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Old 05-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default short intro

hi techies.

My name is Alex, I have a budding hobby that is pc monitor hardware related. I'm here to be in the company of people far more competent than I am in matters of pc hardware all in the interest of growing as a fan of technology and another reason which is outlined below.

I used to work in the commercial side of the visual communications sector, now I am involved in the construction a co-working space in the Italian countryside, a really interesting project that, if successful, will become a place where people can go to gather knowledge and practical skills in whatever field they choose.

(not unlike a forum such as this, except it will be a physical location where anyone is welcome to come and study, with the latest equipment, the fields we choose to promote the study of, we're tired of higher educational institutions withholding knowledge from people who seek to expand their horizons where knowledge is concerned)

Unfortunately amongst the phd and doctorate holders who are the founders of this co-working space, there isn't one among them who is familiar with the hardware part of technology, I've chosen to be our hardware tech guy and to be half way decent at it, I'll need all the help I can get from true techies such as yourselves!

I hope I've signed up to the right forum and that I won't be the victim of misinformation here!

.. well here I go to post my first question, see you in the thread!

ravenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: short intro

Welcome! While some of the most experienced members may not stick out like a sore thumb, some of them certainly do, CarnageX, iParanormal and Millfield are all very smart members.

Area-1255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Welcome Alex, I'm new here like you are, but I'm working on it!
Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Welcome, There are a few who stand out and lots of help on a variety of things, Good to see so many newer members here.
New system
NZXT Tempest 410 - I5-4670K - Asus Z87-Plus - SeaSonic SS-750KM3 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular PS
GPU MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G - CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600 (2x8gig) - SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 -Seagate Barracuda 3-TB

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Formerly known as i2D__

Don't like what I say, ban me!
rulezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thanks for the welcome people. i'm finding that i might need to contact certain more experienced members directly through pm, i imagine it's hard for them to be in every forum section at once, I might be missing out on great advice just by posting in one small section! Carnage has been really helpful already though.

on a side note.. it might be really handy for the more experienced members to list their specialty, it's difficult to know who to turn to judging only by post count.. although i haven't checked their profiles yet.. will do that now actually.

ravenite is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hey | Heyy Guys! »