Self taught Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpenter17

Beta member
Hi all,
I have learned what little i do know about computers on my own. I started with a Tandy 1000EX in 1989-90 and have been hooked ever since.

I am setting in my office with 3 desktops going and 4 monitors and have a new laptop and 3 other "clunkers" setting in the floor around the office. I have 10-15 more in various stages of disrepair laying around in my warehouse.

I guess you could say I'm a tinkerer! I like to tinker with dead units and try to revive them. Once I get them working I am done with them, and give them away to family friends and non-profit orgs. Hey its a decent hobby! Better than golf, at least for me anyway! lol

Welcome to Tech-Forums Carpenter17!

I learned a lot about PC's from tinkering around with them myself. When I decided that the one my Dad built was getting to slow I decided to come to Tech-Forums to get some help with what parts to buy and the people on this forum have been extremely helpful. I hope that you can feel the same way :)

I'm the same way also carpenter17. working with electronics and hardware is one of the things I enjoy doing most. A lot of other things I do because it needs done, but tinkering and exploring and fixing various hardware anomalies I do because I like it. those 10-15 systems there could be made into a fun cluster when you get em fixed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom