RIG 500HD MIc problem

Aizen

Beta member
So i have a RIG 500HD, and it just suddenly stopped working. What i mean by this is that the mic is literally always muted, i can hear people but my mic doesnt work. I have the latest drivers but the mic just doesnt work. And i used to be able to hear this wind sound when i blew into it but now i cant?

You're in the wrong section. This section is for New Member Introductions. You seem to be looking for the Computer Audio and Multimedia section

First thought would be to check your OS's recording settings. Then the settings of whatever communication software you are using. I know Skype likes to mess with audio settings behind the scenes.

I don't want to jump and say the microphone is damaged, because it's an expensive headset, but that's still a possibility. They don't last forever, and manufacturer defects are a factor as well. I've had a lot of cheap headsets over the years, and a few of them I had this same problem with. While that's not a common thing with higher quality headsets, it's still a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom