The Return of TieFighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TieFighter

Baseband Member
I'm back after my busiest semester ever.

Bad news first: I was diagnosed with cancer this last summer, and had to have immediate surgery. After my wound was finally healed up I was started on chemotherapy every other week a little after school started back up. My family was in a car accident because of some girl failing to stop at a stop sign while talking on her cell phone. I then had to spend homework/study time trying to find a replacement car, on a weekend when there was a horrible blizzard. We could only go look for a replacement after dealing with all the insurance stuff. Also, my wife, who was driving us after I had a bout of chemotherapy, has been diagnosed with whiplash and will be needing physical therapy 2x per week for 3 weeks.

Good news last: My wife and I had a new daughter, Mina, on October 29th. I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on December 19th. With the insurance money we found a semi-descent car - an '01 Buick Regal with traction control and ABS, 6 cylinder engine. It seems to perform better in the snow than our '02 Saturn SL did. The cancer is Hodgkin's lymphoma, which seems to be the only type of cancer that can be put permanently into remission for the rest of one's life with chemotherapy.

Anyway, I hope the holidays are going well for you all, and you'll probably see me on a little more now that I've graduated from college.

You HAVE been busy. I'm glad to hear that everyone is on the mend. I have a friend who has Hodkin's and he said that if you were going to have cancer it was the best one to have.

Congrats on the baby and BA. I became a grandfather 29 Sept.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom