Old Tech Guy drowning in new tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTired

Beta member
Hi everyone... looks like I found a great source for info when I'm stuck on something. Hopefully I'll be able to offer some back. I'm a 53-year-old x-IT guy and currently live in Kanata, Ontario, Canada with my family.

The new technology is quickly leaving me behind - mostly the guts inside the PC's i.e., drive interfaces, MB interfaces, memory but also network topoloy and configs for routers and cable modems.

Therefore, I need a good resource to learn from and stay current.

Cheers!

Well welcome to TF! It's a great place to read threads, ask questions, etc. about whatever you need to know. I'm sure we'll be able to help you quite a bit and no doubt your knowledge will be useful as well.

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry about getting left behind, I've been fiddling with computers since I was young....although I still am ^_^ and it still confuses me.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Ask all the questions you want... whatever we don't know, we'll make up something that sounds pretty good. ;)

Technology continues to move forward with breakneck speed, so don't worry if some of it is brand new to you. Go with the flow, and you'll have it all down pat again in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom