Newish member, never introduced myself. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Newish member, never introduced myself.

Hey guys I have been a part of these forums for 3 months give or take a few days. In that time I have never introduced myself and never really have introduced myself before goes.

My name is Alex, I recently got into computers (hardware specifically) in the past year. I enjoy upgrading my system, but currently do not have much money or time for games and such, so I buy mid range products.
No matter what it is I have always appreciated paying a slight premium for quality and longevity in products. I enjoy reviewing products.
I'm 19 as of a few days ago, my former hobby that I was into was axes and knives. It is quite a switch from learning edge geometries, steel components that give different uses for a blade, and how to sharpen anything to make it razor-quality, to switch to computer components that have too many aspects to explain.
I am still quite new to the computer hardware world and have (sadly) little to offer to this forum but, a lot to learn.
Most of my time is dedicated to my family, friends, relationship, and college at the moment.

Hopefully one day I will have attained enough knowledge to assist other individuals with issues and help them resolve them successfully, much like many of you already do.
When I have down time, I try to help others with the minuscule amount of software knowledge I have, but when I go to post I see that someone else has already either said what I was going to say, or has posted something even more helpful than I was able to submit, so I just omit my post.

Well that about wraps it up, if you have any questions feel free to ask them. Also, if my post confuses you I understand, my English Professor always writes quite a few notes on my papers about how hard it can be to follow me, but I just can't help it at times.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n
Default Re: Newish member, never introduced myself.

Welcome to the forums, and don't worry I was able to follow what you were saying

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Welcome to Tech-Forums
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Welcome to Tech Forums and yeah your post is quite understandable . I'm sure you got something to put forward to the table and you would learn a lot .
Need to update my siggy!
Closed Thread