Newbie glad to find a good Computer forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

In Runtime
Hello all!

I've browsed this place a little, and decided to join. I have a lot of computer-related questions and some answers of my own.

As for my experience... I've been messing with computers for 4 or 5 years (since I was about 11). I can confidently say I know more about computers than the software teachers at my high school, lol.

I've worked with Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP, and one or two versions of Mac OS. I'm planning on trying Linux some time in the near future. I do have this to say: any Windows besides 98 and XP suck.

As for hardware, I can't say I have much experience. I can tell apart all the different parts in the guts of a PC, know how they fit together, and am currently in the midst of saving up to build my own. I'm just not well versed in the different types and stuff. I've used nothing older than a 386 Compaq Contura laptop, and that old upgraded-to-486 frankenstein sitting over there running Win95.

hi
welcome to t/f
hope you like it here and prob teach some of us
even do i had a chance to learn before never did and im 44 and picking it as a hobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom