burkeeam

Beta member
I am new to this forum and not even sure why I got on. I am an older male who has become frustrated with computer usage of late as it is hard to trust any website or that any integrity is evn out there to begin with. Basically I feel suspicious that all and every computer click you do leads you further down the one way street of profiling your identity for all who have the capacity to circumvent your firewall to access your private data without you even being aware.

I own a number of computers/Laptops in my household. Some are newer and others are older.

My main question here is: As my older Desktop PC is still running Windows Vista should I or can I successfully swap out/install a newer operating system such as Windows 10 as it has become painstakingly evident every moment on my desktop that I no longer am able to operate current programs on my outdate system.I would appreciate any advise/ direction that might illuminate a clearer direction for me to go.

Thank you to all who have read this post and stuck it out to the end .lol

I am new to this forum and not even sure why I got on. I am an older male who has become frustrated with computer usage of late as it is hard to trust any website or that any integrity is evn out there to begin with. Basically I feel suspicious that all and every computer click you do leads you further down the one way street of profiling your identity for all who have the capacity to circumvent your firewall to access your private data without you even being aware.
Sounds like you're a bit paranoid :p.

I own a number of computers/Laptops in my household. Some are newer and others are older.

My main question here is: As my older Desktop PC is still running Windows Vista should I or can I successfully swap out/install a newer operating system such as Windows 10 as it has become painstakingly evident every moment on my desktop that I no longer am able to operate current programs on my outdate system.I would appreciate any advise/ direction that might illuminate a clearer direction for me to go.

Thank you to all who have read this post and stuck it out to the end .lol

Vista is no longer receiving security updates. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are being sunsetted as well, with Windows 10 being the current iteration that will be receiving regular updates from Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom