Status
Not open for further replies.

GByte

Baseband Member
Whats good everybody..im new to the site...obviously :grin:...but im looking forward to getting as much info anywhere i can. Ive been interested in computers for about 10years. I've done few upgrades pertaining to software/OS but still a little shaky on a few other hardware issues. But i want to re-do my desktop.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700..fried my motherboard:dead: putting it into a Super 939 Mid-Tower ATX PC Case/550w 9" Mega Side Fan. But im not sure where some of the new cable components connect to the new motherboard..i have a Pentium 4, 2.8ghz processor so i was told to get a 478 socket board for compatibility and i still have the 1gb of ram.but would want to upgrade later on

I know its a lot for a first post lol but any help, pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to Tech-Forums, GByte.

Hmmm... from what I am seeing on Dell's site the 4700 can run P4 520-570 which are LGA775 chips, but the other P4's look to be 478 chips. Take a look at the chip itself... if it has pins then it is a 478, if it doesn't it is a LGA775.

If you have a budget... any budget... post a thread in the General PC forum and we will see what we can scrape together that might fit into it. Any CPU on the market today would romp your current one.

Yea it does have pins..so ill try and get the 478..but i will post up similar info in he Gen PC forum

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom