New user - important question about Symantec Corporate please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayjonbeach

Beta member
Hello out there is Cyber space.

I'm about to launch a business on my PC and did some searching on AV's and needed a quick fix.

Of course lots of opinions on whats best, I was using the new AVG recently but wasn't happy for a few reasons.

Anyway I had a copy of Symantec Anti-virus Corporate here although it is 8.0which is an old version (says 2002 in the help file) . I was under the impression that a Corporate version would stay up to date on definitions but maybe I was wrong. I installed it and it ran a crap load of updates but then a pop-up came up and said "the defintion file is old" when it was done.

When I pull up the window it says Virus Def file:

10/21/1999 rev 83

Do I need to purchase a new license?

Maybe I should use Avast, what is the best way to TOTALLY remove this if it is not going to be up-to-date? I remeber in the past removing a Symantec product completely was not easy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jay

Oh, should mention I was going to buy Norton IS 2009 but seen so many people complaining about 2008 that I did not want to go that route

Welcome to the Forums

Symantec Corporate is the old version of what is now Symantec Endpoint Protection which is a great AV.

Thanks for the welcome.

What do you think though, am I okay and up-to-date or do I need to scrap it and start again?

One other thing not sure if it helps, the version is full version 8.0 and the liscense type is

Server/Client Gold (mfg only)

You should upgrade as virus definitions are not the only thing a virus can be stopped by. You need to update the engine and application as well.

Welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom