New and seeking assistance.

VWS__

Beta member
Hello, I am currently trying to do some troubleshooting on a five year old pc.

Specs:
HP built off TigerDirect
AMD Athalon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4k+
2.10 GHz 1.84 GB RAM
66GB Hard Drive (not much free)

I ran CCleaner to clear some space up and I think I cleaned the wrong things. I don't know all the specifics, but I got rid of about 3.5 GB worth of Temporary System Files. After that sweep, everything is very sluggish. Anti-virus picked up one Malware in a full system scan. I am running Malwarebytes shortly.

If the malware isn't a source of the slow pacing. Any advice on what to undo/fix on CCleaner?

Forgot to mention the OS. XP Home Edition Service Pack 3.

MBAM found 37 infected items. Removed and I'm just booting up now.

Try to defrag it. That may speed it up a bit.

Also run CHKDSK, just in case.

delete all the itesm you never use, run CC cleaner and cleanup the dick, then use the registry cleaner, that can help a lot. when it asked to make a backup click yes just incase. then download ausologics disk defrag and defrag your hardrive. make sure you click defrag and optimize. it puts the items you use most on the faster part of your hdd, and its puts the stuff you loose less after the other defragged files. hope this helps

delete all the itesm you never use, run CC cleaner and cleanup the dick, then use the registry cleaner, that can help a lot. when it asked to make a backup click yes just incase. then download ausologics disk defrag and defrag your hardrive. make sure you click defrag and optimize. it puts the items you use most on the faster part of your hdd, and its puts the stuff you loose less after the other defragged files. hope this helps

NEVER just delete proframs. ALWAYS uninstall them, at least through the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel if not through a third party app like Revo uninstaller.

Back
Top Bottom