New Poster with Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

robkamel

Beta member
Hello All, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I didn't see anything in the FAQ that said it wasn't so here goes: I work for a company that is planning on hiring PC technicians with A+ or Net+ and real life experience to work a legitimate Work from Home position within a Virtual Call Center using Virtual Machine desktops and softphones.

My question is; if you had the ability to WAH, do al l of your training online and never show up to the office, but you would still work a 40hr work week, would it interest you? I'm just getting feelers out because there are a ton of scams and even the legitimate WAH jobs are all customer care stuff, so as far as we can tell, no one but us is attempting high-level technical support positions ina WAH environment fulltime.

Theoretically, who here would think they'd be willing to work like that if a company offered it?

Nicely worded. You avoided tripping the wire as far as spam is concerned.

Most here do not have certification, but some do. I, for one, do not have A+ or Net+, but I know more then enough for either. Along the same lines, most have experience outside of a job; all of my experience is with my own stuff and helping people here, as well as friends and family.

Many would be interested, but finding people with the "qualification" you want could be a different matter. A lot of us know our stuff, but don't fall into the neat categories employers like.

It wasn't my intent to offer jobs nor promote my company, (you'll note, I didn't mention the company name) just to find out from a theoretical standpoint if people saw value in working from home to do tech support stuff. It seems like a natural marraige, since the most technically adept people I know are people who hang out in forums, newsgroups, etc and are the ones that overclock or mod their boxes and know their way around the Windows Registry. The difficulty is that 95% of all WAH jobs are order-taking type jobs, so none of the major players in WAH are doing this, so there's no way to really find out if there any people who might do this kind of work.

Depends on the pay and required qualifications like trot said.

But Im sure many people would be interested including myself.

Because it is at home, there would be a lot of people that would like more than 40 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom