New Poster with Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Default New Poster with Question

Hello All, I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I didn't see anything in the FAQ that said it wasn't so here goes: I work for a company that is planning on hiring PC technicians with A+ or Net+ and real life experience to work a legitimate Work from Home position within a Virtual Call Center using Virtual Machine desktops and softphones.

My question is; if you had the ability to WAH, do al l of your training online and never show up to the office, but you would still work a 40hr work week, would it interest you? I'm just getting feelers out because there are a ton of scams and even the legitimate WAH jobs are all customer care stuff, so as far as we can tell, no one but us is attempting high-level technical support positions ina WAH environment fulltime.

Theoretically, who here would think they'd be willing to work like that if a company offered it?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Default Re: New Poster with Question

Nicely worded. You avoided tripping the wire as far as spam is concerned.

Most here do not have certification, but some do. I, for one, do not have A+ or Net+, but I know more then enough for either. Along the same lines, most have experience outside of a job; all of my experience is with my own stuff and helping people here, as well as friends and family.

Many would be interested, but finding people with the "qualification" you want could be a different matter. A lot of us know our stuff, but don't fall into the neat categories employers like.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

It wasn't my intent to offer jobs nor promote my company, (you'll note, I didn't mention the company name) just to find out from a theoretical standpoint if people saw value in working from home to do tech support stuff. It seems like a natural marraige, since the most technically adept people I know are people who hang out in forums, newsgroups, etc and are the ones that overclock or mod their boxes and know their way around the Windows Registry. The difficulty is that 95% of all WAH jobs are order-taking type jobs, so none of the major players in WAH are doing this, so there's no way to really find out if there any people who might do this kind of work.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Depends on the pay and required qualifications like trot said.

But Im sure many people would be interested including myself.

Because it is at home, there would be a lot of people that would like more than 40 hours.
Closed Thread