New from northern Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelzup

Beta member
Hi all just wanted to stop in as suggested and introduce myself. I've been messing with computers since 1986 though I would have rather been running the family farm. Due to an unfortunate accident at a family reunion I broke my neck leaving me a quadriplegic. I needed to find something to do and I ended up with a computer given to me by my grandparents rest their loving souls. I got hooked using DOS 6.0 but never moved to a Widows machine until I got my first mainstream home PC a Gateway P-133 and when it had been upgraded as far as it would go is when a friend decided we should try building our own systems. If I remember right it was an AMD based machine but it wasn't real stable running Windows 98 so we went over to Intel and built two machines which were much more stable. Since then the only PC I own that I didn't build is my laptop. One thing about my disability it has limited what I can do including my hands so I have a friend or to who help me get everything tucked into its case. I can handle the CD/DVD's most of the time so I'm able to set them up how I want. Any way I keep on building and upgrading when I can.

Someone once asked me why Wheelzup as he thought maybe I was a pilot or rode motorcycles and my answer was an easy one, it's because I get around in a wheelchair and love it when I can get out into some wide open spaces.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom