New member - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Old 03-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Default New member

Hello, I have joined seeking some career support. I am currently working on changing career to become a Network Security Administrator. I have passed the CCENT certification which took me 12 months studying evenings and weekends. I have spent the last three months studying for the ITIL v3 Foundation exam which I am due to take in the few weeks. My question is which qualification should I go for next... CCNA Routing & Switching or MCSA? I have been applying for jobs 1at line tech support jobs, but have not managed to secure a post yet. I have also contacted local ISPs and IT companies asking for work experience. :-)

TheViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as i2D__
Default Re: New member

CCNA, but I would also rec Comptia S+ / N+

Don't like what I say, ban me!
rulezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Default Re: New member

Thank you, I am planning to go for the comptia s+ as it's not vendor specific and I have heard that it covers a few topics that are not covered by ccna security. Following that I will complete the CCNA Security. I hope to have secured a 1at line role at this point. Time will tell :-)
TheViking is offline   Reply With Quote

career advice