just joined today. I have a server access issue which seems to be affecting just me on my laptop. It's not a critical issue or anything, just one of those irritating ones that has been bugging me for the last day or two! Maybe someone here, hopefully, can help! :-)
I am experiencing a very strange issue with two physical servers. For some reason, I cannot RDP or ping the servers. When I try to RDP, I get the error message telling me that the servers might be offline, powered down etc. I know that this is definitely not the case however. When I try to ping from my laptop I get a "request timed out" message.
Strangely, my colleagues experience no such issues. They can ping and RDP as normal.
So I figure it was something to do with my own laptop and performed a number of the usual troubleshooting techniques.
- I am definitely connected to the LAN, can access mail, the Internet etc, and can RDP to other servers no problem.
- My IP address is automatically obtained. DNS and IP settings are correct.
- Network adapter is updated and working properly.
- performed DNS flush and ipconfig/renew
- turned off Windows Firewall
- hosts file is empty
- tried my laptop at a different location, same issue.
I can successfully connect to both servers when using wireless. So all indicators are that it is something to do with my laptop when it's on the LAN.
Could anyone suggest anything else I can try or check?