New here. Need some guidance.

klea492

Beta member
Hello people. :) Thanks to Microsoft online and phone support I have been locked out of my pc and I am pretty sure my account has been deleted from same pc. I was told today that I needed to go to Microsoft store, have them backup my pc and start from scratch. I might be delusional but isn't there a way for me to get into my pc myself? I do not have a recovery disk. I cannot imagine someone out there not being able to help me with this issue. I would appreciate any guidance/help/suggestions anyone can give.

Thank you for your time.
K

So you signed in with a Microsoft account to create your account on your computer, correct?

If so...disconnect from the internet (unplug ethernet, turn off wifi if on a laptop, etc.). Use the NT Offline Password Editor: Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

Clear the password for your account and reboot into Windows. Should be able to log into your account. Now create a local account, and then you should be able to take ownership of the C:\Users\<old_username> folder and copy the files off to your new local user account.

Back
Top Bottom