New Here....Already questions

5502george

Beta member
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Love anything and everything IT lol.
Background: I am in the USAF Reserve and work as a civilian for them. I am an information assurance manager (INFOSEC) with an emphasis on cyber surety.
…I have a quick question and am looking for some technical guidance. First off I have a B.S. degree in Aeronautics and associates in avionic technologies (not associated with IT, but high emphasis on security fundamentals). I have been involved in security for approximately 7 years, ranging from security manager to COMSEC manager.
In an nutshell: I have 7 years security experience, only 2 years of experience as an info assurance manager, a sec+ cert, BS aeronautics and AS avionics and a very very good security clearance…so my question is this…
I plan on getting out of the military next year but need to be competitive for the civilian market. I love what I do, so I want to pursue a career in cyber security/ network security or information management. With my background (which I know is weak for IT), should I pursue a masters in CS or IT or go for CISSP and professional certs……Mind you I have to make this transition in one or two years.
Thank you all very much for your time and I hope I can get some quality responses to help me with my career.
George

Back
Top Bottom