New Guy with a technical question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarus83

Beta member
Hey guys,
My name is Jake aka Icarus. I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing but here is a quick bio. I am a member of the US Air Force and have worked as a systems and server administrator for almost 10 years. I'm not the saying I'm and awesome administrator or anything, just been at it for a long time. Currently I'm sitting in Afghanistan with a heck of headache.

I was handed a Symantec Ghost Image for Windows XP and it to say the least has had more than a few quirks when I tried to implement it across my network. One is that Internet Explorer is set to pop up every time the user logs in. I need to make this stop and my engineers aren't much help .So far I have looked for the IExplorer.exe in the MSConfig.exe file and can't find it in start up. The Start Up folder in the start menu is empty and i have even tried looking in the registry with no joy. If anyone out there can help it would be awesome.

Icarus

Where I run into a problem is I can't utilize most tools because this computer is on the NATO networks and I'm not allowed to use them. I need more configuration type fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom