Modem \ Router issue

Knightrod25

Beta member
Hey guys, so I just posted an earlier thread introducing myself. I thought I would try this and see if I could come up with any help.

I have a Motorola surfboard 6141 modem(which I purchased myself.. tired of renting one from the devil himself...comcast) and belkin N450 WIFI router. Been having some issues with the router lately, but am always able to get it back up and running. However, last night sometime, it shut off. I wake up and have a solid amber light on my router. Normally I am able to power cycle everything and the router will come back online with the modem however, not today. I reset everything multiple times, with no success. Reset the router with its reset button and my computer reads that its been reset and sends me back to the initial setup...http://router, but that's as far it gets. The router is not receiving a signal from the modem. So, the setup never gets me passed connecting to the network. So, I can't manipulate the router in any fashion. Copying the MAC address ect. So, I tested the modem and plugged directly into my PC... no issue there. I even have a plug and play switch I plugged into the modem and connected my PC in to the switch... no problem there either.

I thought maybe my router was just dead so, I said screw it and bought another one to try. The same issue happens. For one reason or another, the cable modem works fine when I plug the switch or the PC directly into it, but it will no longer send a signal to any router....That is the issue I am trying fix...Any help would greatly be appreciated..

Thanks..
Louis

If you bought another router, then it should be fine.

Are you using the same ethernet cable that's going from Modem->Router as you are to test from Modem->PC ?

Yes. Same cable. I went to the link you sent and changed the settings on my computer as they said, but still the same thing. Solid amber light on the router. The new router does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom