laptop cant detect Ethernet. help pls - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Old 10-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy laptop cant detect Ethernet. help pls

Yesterday my laptop cant connect to an ethernet. i triple check my cable is working fine in others laptop. But i can connect through wireless. someone pls help me figure out do my ethernet port broken or software problem.

nivlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: laptop cant detect Ethernet. help pls

When you plug in the cable to the Ethernet port on your laptop do you see any blinking lights on the port? Also, have you check device manager to make sure the on board NIC is working properly?
tech4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using only Ethernet to detect network places? ATIRAGEPRO Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 3 07-07-2012 08:08 PM
Laptop does not detect printer fridgestar Laptops and Notebooks 5 09-17-2010 07:11 AM
Laptop Won't detect hardware devices.. aeolus811tw Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 3 08-21-2006 03:19 PM
Which laptop??? PLS Help Igetshockedalot New Systems | Building and Buying 3 10-22-2005 01:38 AM
pls help to install display and ethernet driver manojvm Linux and Open Source 6 05-06-2005 02:01 PM

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.