L-O L-O

PopoChubbs

Casually Filthy
Hi guys, thanks for reading, glad to be here. I'd been looking up what a gigaflop was (my first reaction when I saw the word was that it was made up, honestly :eek:), and one of your forums came up. I read it and liked what I saw, so here I am.

Currently, I'm a computer support tech in an I.T. department, although I must admit, I do not have very expansive knowledge of computers/tech in general, but I've learned a bit since I've been here, and as I gain a better understanding, I'm becoming more interested. This seems like a pretty good fount of knowledge, so I'm hoping I can make proper use of it. My current tech collection includes an iPhone 4S (soon to be something -anything- else), a PS3, and a desktop from 2005. Not too far down the road, I'll be attempting to build my own PC, so if any of you have suggestions (even to another forum here) I'd love to hear from you.

Did I mention I don't know how any of this works? I hope this is what you're supposed to do with these threads...:rolleyes:

Hey there!

So, you understand the mighty gigaflop now, yes?

Hello Yami =] I'd say I've got a SLIGHTLY better understanding, yes. When it comes up in context, we'll see if it even registers.

---must be this tall to understand tech terms/references---

---me---

Hi guys, thanks for reading, glad to be here. I'd been looking up what a gigaflop was (my first reaction when I saw the word was that it was made up, honestly :eek:), and one of your forums came up. I read it and liked what I saw, so here I am.

Currently, I'm a computer support tech in an I.T. department, although I must admit, I do not have very expansive knowledge of computers/tech in general, but I've learned a bit since I've been here, and as I gain a better understanding, I'm becoming more interested. This seems like a pretty good fount of knowledge, so I'm hoping I can make proper use of it. My current tech collection includes an iPhone 4S (soon to be something -anything- else), a PS3, and a desktop from 2005. Not too far down the road, I'll be attempting to build my own PC, so if any of you have suggestions (even to another forum here) I'd love to hear from you.

Did I mention I don't know how any of this works? I hope this is what you're supposed to do with these threads...:rolleyes:

Hey man, what's up?! Glad to have you on board.

I just landed a job as a Computer Technician a few weeks ago, and I'll be starting Monday. What I was curious about was, what requirements did they have for you when you applied to be a computer support tech, and if you wouldn't mind discussing your starting salary? (We could PM about this, just trying to get a feel for what it's like out there)

Thanks! Look forward to having you around!

Back
Top Bottom