Just dropping in to say Hello to all. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Just dropping in to say Hello to all.

Hi,
Thought I had better introduce myself on here -I,m wot you probably call an "old newbie"!!

I had better explain myself-fast approaching 60 now and with ample time on my hands, decided to explore the wonderful world of overclocking.hence that,s why I ,m here. built a few rigs already and am just in the final stages of changing my #1 rig- q6600 & Abit ip35 pro xe/antec 902/noctua nh-14d / antec truepower quatro 850w/8800gts etc from 680i,s,

Just finished a Abit/northy rig overclocked of course! and it flies for old technology.
This consuming interest is obviously applicable whatever the age,I think I prove it.
best wishes to all mods and forum members- this site of yours appears to be a gold-mine of fantastically useful info.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Default Re: Just dropping in to say Hello to all.

Welcome to Tech-Forums. I'm a few years behind you (soon be 42), but have discovered that it's OK for us old farts to play with the new stuff.

Quote:
this site of yours appears to be a gold-mine of fantastically useful info.
Yeah, we think so too.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Just dropping in to say Hello to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshimaida View Post
Hi,
Thought I had better introduce myself on here -I,m wot you probably call an "old newbie"!!

I had better explain myself-fast approaching 60 now and with ample time on my hands, decided to explore the wonderful world of overclocking.hence that,s why I ,m here. built a few rigs already and am just in the final stages of changing my #1 rig- q6600 & Abit ip35 pro xe/antec 902/noctua nh-14d / antec truepower quatro 850w/8800gts etc from 680i,s,

Just finished a Abit/northy rig overclocked of course! and it flies for old technology.
This consuming interest is obviously applicable whatever the age,I think I prove it.
best wishes to all mods and forum members- this site of yours appears to be a gold-mine of fantastically useful info.
Welcome to Tech Forums, hope you enjoy your stay !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Welcome to Tech-Forums. I'm a few years behind you (soon be 42), but have discovered that it's OK for us old farts to play with the new stuff.

Yeah, we think so too.
Can never get too old to play with technology . It's nice to see the older generation in with the modern times, tired seeing all the younger ones 'mock' or 'cut style' on them. Everyone has the knowledge, it's the determination I guess and the lust for tech stuff .