Joining a team

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no "official" teams. However i think he is talking about the teams on some people's sigs like both of yours. View attachment 5094

As seen in there :p

- Nick -
PROFESSIONAL SCREEN SHOTTER!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 6.42.24 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 6.42.24 PM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
Does anybody know how to bowl?

I did a little reading on the Folding Team... how can you be certain its not North Korea your running a program for? Did I mention it was a little bit of reading?

Does anybody know how to bowl?

I did a little reading on the Folding Team... how can you be certain its not North Korea your running a program for? Did I mention it was a little bit of reading?

In soviet Russia, Americans run program for youuuuu!

I am not following nick... please explain..

and perhaps the only part of smartass I achieved was being an ass

what I was trying to say is how can you be certain that software is not logging the other things you may do on your computer...

I am not following nick... please explain..

and perhaps the only part of smartass I achieved was being an ass

what I was trying to say is how can you be certain that software is not logging the other things you may do on your computer...

Potentially you could give it a good guess based on the amount of network traffic. Or if you're worried about that, you could run it on dedicated machines or a VM.

It may also be the case that your CPU cycles are being utilised for purposes other than folding.

All of this is pretty unlikely.

The best part of F@H, vs the others, is that everything comes from one source. Stanford University.

So you need to put some trust in it being from Stanford, run by a acidemically known proffessor. Stanford uses its own university owned servers to send files as well.

THEY ALSO, oops, have avaliable published journal results. So while possible we are cracking bank accounts, or helping Saxon bring down N. Korea single handedly.. Its quite unlikely.

Now dont even get started on the power usage aspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom