I never said hello - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard of Wires
Default I never said hello

It appears I did sign up way back in 2005 but didn't post much and then wandered off. I'm a long time member at Cf also.

I have interests in computers of course. Building and making minor mods. I also fly RC model multi rotor platforms. (I hate the term drone. A drone is a male bee that gets to boink the queen bee.) I'm in to photography as it pertains to my projects and flying my models.

I design and prototype electronics to augment my models and my computers. I'm working on a camera system to go inside my computer and play out on a spare monitor. That's for S&G's. Nothing serious going on with that project. My case doesn't have a window and I want to see what's going on inside. I have several prototype projects going on with my flying models that should make taking pics a little simpler. I have ideas about power distribution that I haven't got to yet.

I've torn down a few of my models to do upgrades on the motors and their controllers that are works in progress. Latest project is a 650mm quad that will be a heavy lifter for cameras. It will also be an experimental platform for testing my prototypes.

You can find my videos at my YouTube page under the screen name Horizinn.

By the way is there a thread somewhere in here for posting pics of your desk/bench? I've been looking but haven't found one.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Default Re: I never said hello

I am guessing that you are looking for this thread:
What does your chill spot look like?

Very cool, seti. I will have to check out some of your videos.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Welcome...back I guess? I'm also into d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ multi rotor platforms, got my grubby hands on a Flamewheel F450, SteadiDrone Flare, Inspire 1, and some other 6 armed beast I can't recall the model of (which I also thankfully don't have to work with terrible thing). Pretty fun!
Also (more so) into photography! Not so much aerial photography though, don't trust flying machines to hold my Canon

I saw a pretty cool application of the two fields recently, where someone used their RC unit in a time lapse to paint a pretty intricate pattern. Interesting idea! Would be cool to see multiple models in the air, wonder what kind of picture they could create.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly known as i2D__

Don't like what I say, ban me!
rulezero is offline   Reply With Quote