I have a headache :(

hoodleehoo

Beta member
Hi my name is Jonathan, and I'm trying to find someone who can help me, but not having any luck.

Not sure how to describe it, but I have a digital audio coaxial converter which converts it to L and R spdif (or whatever it's called) so I can use my computer speakers with my TV.

I just moved into a new house and when I reconnected everything the converter emits an extremely high pitched squeal that gives me a headache. It's like the mosquito sound that teenagers use (even though I'm 32 and I hear it so it's a little lower frequency than that).

I've tried unplugging and replugging everything and it doesn't help. If I unplug the coaxial from the converter the sound gets much much lower pitched. The sound only goes away when I unplug the power from it.

I should note the squeal is coming from the converter itself and not the speakers.

Any idea what the problem could be and/or what I can do to fix it??

Sounds like it's either getting bad (dirty) power or it's going out. You could try getting a power filter to see it it helps or not. Tried a different outlet as well?

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom