Huang Introduction - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Huang Introduction

Hello, I am Lixiao Huang, a doctoral student at NCSU. I major in Human Factors and Applied Cognition in Psychology department, something to do with human machine interaction. I would like to study what people feel about technology and why. I searched online to find tech forums to recruit participants to take my survey, and this website is the No.1 on the list. I checked at the different areas of this forum. All looks good. So I registered my account to learn more about technology and you guys. When I have enough posts - 40 I think, I will be able to access the off-topic area and post my survey. If you have a better suggestion for me to post the survey in other areas, I will be thankful. Glad to join you!

huang_ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly known as i2D__
Default Re: Huang Introduction

Welcome to Tech-forums, Im interested in what your survey is building statistics on?

Don't like what I say, ban me!
rulezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi i2D, Thank you for your reply! If I understand your question correctly, are you asking what statistics I will be using? I will try ANOVA, regression, SEM, correlation, and factorial analysis, and verbal data analysis.

I just realized that I can also post the survey on the other areas of this forum. I will put it up by next week once the IRB is approved.

Can't wait to get the survey out and see the results!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Hello! Yes this forum is awesome! Welcome!
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.4 GHz | Cooling: Just Fans | Motherboard: BioStar Tz68K+ | RAM: Cosair Vengeance16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 560 TI | HDD: 1 TB Western Digital (want SSD for OS) | Sound: On-Board sound | PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W | Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout SGC-2100-KWN3 | OS's: Window 7 Professional x64, Kali Linux 1.0.9 | Display: Dell 24-inch HD, Samsung 24-inch HD
SubliminalX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Can you help me fill out a 10 min survey for my research? This research will help understand human interaction with technology. Your time will be greatly appreciated. In addition, if you could forward the survey to 5 other people who might be willing to help, I will be most grateful.

The survey link is here:

Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software

Best regards,
Lixiao (Lisa) Huang

Doctoral Student
Human Factors and Applied Cognition
Department of Psychology
North Carolina State University

hci, research