Howdy All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpiperwow

Beta member
Hey Everyone,

As I welcome myself to the forum, I was hoping to have some questions answered. I am a college student who is majoring in Business Administration. I am about to complete my third year, thus, I cannot change my major; however, I have recently fallen in love with everything IT. I work as an IT consultant at the college, and plan on going to grad school for something in this area. My concern is, with such a late start, what are my potential opportunities and courses of action?

Thanks very much,
New tech-forum member. :lol:

welcome to tf!

I'd start off taking whatever classes your school offers for tech stuff. If you like business administration what you can do is get a specialized MBA with a focus in computers so you can do something like this. This is a masters program at my old school and it's just an example, but it's using IT in conjunction with a business degree, so something worth while if you're interested. Otherwise just absorb as much as you can and I'm sure there are opportunities for you to pursue IT in whatever job you land with your business degree.

The Walter Cerf Master of Science in Managing Innovation & Information Technology

**** Peter haha I was surfing around the forum and you're everywhere. So some grad schools take in business undergrads for their IT programs?

haha i try to throw out as much knowledge as I can! And definitely, I think as long as it pertains to business as well you'll be in a good place. A lot of it depends on what you want to do in the IT field, obviously you'd be pretty stretched if you were going to try and get a masters in computer science with a business undergrad, but there are things that you can do that fit what you already have for knowledge and expand upon it with an emphasis in the IT field. Also definitely take as many IT classes as you can at school, I would think your school would have some basic programming and networking classes and depending on what you like specifically in the IT area look for specialty Masters programs in that area. Lots of schools now have very specific Masters programs to fill a certain area of the market, and with IT being so broad and having a lot of area's with specialty positions there are a lot of Masters programs that fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom