Hiya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jables18OSxxx

Solid State Member
I'm all the way from Australia, i'm in year 12 and carving through my last units of ICT. I'm totally fascinated with anything electronic, computers, consoles, ipods... i'd love to be a modder of something electronic someday and an expert in computers (in some way) to help newbie wannabes like i am right now.

I joined here because of random ideas and questions and in the hope to learn heaps more stuff with pcs, and know my way around (the right way) with windows and learn how to fix problems properly and quickly, and know how to treat it nicely, before i kill my cherished lappie ):

I finally have my own computer (YAY), i'm becoming very sceptical with Windows Vista, its making me hate this laptop, i really quite like vista but it just runs crap. anyway i really hope there is someone out here that can give me some real decent ways to make my system run perfect, or near perfect.

A couple more things... where the heck would i post a question about like colour palletes or colours for computers? my query is can you have metallic colours on computers... like backgrounds and a all round colour pallete that can be attached to the default one... Absolute apologies if i don't make any sense.

also where the right place to post about computer problems and computer fixing and stuff?

I got a little intimidated with the rules and stuff and i know if i posted a thread in the wrong spot people with be angry with this newbie ;)

And im new to forums so a little getting use to might be handy

hope to talk to some peoples soon

chaio

Hello and Welcome to Tech-Forums...

actually Mak213 can help you in that department (Vista)

There are plenty of guides for Vista that helps a lot!

tfgenerate.php

Don't be intemidated by the rules. There mainly there to stop the spambots.
It's pretty much common sense and keeps this place nice and relaxed ;)

If you have any questions post them up (however stupid). We were all there once and it's only through our mistakes that we learn.

If you have any questions that you dont wish to share with the foums you can also PM a mod or ask in the confidential forum located towards the bottom.

Welcome to the forums dude!

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Hello Jables18OSxxx,

I am your resident Widnows Geek. I am also your resident Microsoft MVP for Windows Desktop Experience. So i will be able to help you with many answers along the way.

Now as far as where to post your questions that is simple. Just post them up where you think they fit. IF we think that they do not we will move them. ;)

We are more forgiving with new members as it does seem a tad bit intimidtaing when you first join. Only after you reach about 200 posts do we really start to get upset. :p

Just kidding.

But in all seriousness. Post up your questions where you feel they fit. The Color issue i am not exactly sure what you mean. So you can try the Windows area or maybe even the web Image area. But go ahead and post it up in Widnows and we will get to work on how to get your Laptop running nicely for you. :D

Cheers,
Mak

Wow..supermod double post :p

Welcome to the forums, we're a nice bunch of people (well, most of us) we're willing to help.

I'll see you down in the audio section, and offtopic ofcourse :p (The king section for debates and arguments :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom