Hiya :D - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Smile Hiya :D

I'm all the way from Australia, i'm in year 12 and carving through my last units of ICT. I'm totally fascinated with anything electronic, computers, consoles, ipods... i'd love to be a modder of something electronic someday and an expert in computers (in some way) to help newbie wannabes like i am right now.

I joined here because of random ideas and questions and in the hope to learn heaps more stuff with pcs, and know my way around (the right way) with windows and learn how to fix problems properly and quickly, and know how to treat it nicely, before i kill my cherished lappie ):

I finally have my own computer (YAY), i'm becoming very sceptical with Windows Vista, its making me hate this laptop, i really quite like vista but it just runs crap. anyway i really hope there is someone out here that can give me some real decent ways to make my system run perfect, or near perfect.

A couple more things... where the heck would i post a question about like colour palletes or colours for computers? my query is can you have metallic colours on computers... like backgrounds and a all round colour pallete that can be attached to the default one... Absolute apologies if i don't make any sense.

also where the right place to post about computer problems and computer fixing and stuff?

I got a little intimidated with the rules and stuff and i know if i posted a thread in the wrong spot people with be angry with this newbie

And im new to forums so a little getting use to might be handy

hope to talk to some peoples soon

chaio

Old 07-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Hiya :D

Hello and Welcome to Tech-Forums...

actually Mak213 can help you in that department (Vista)

There are plenty of guides for Vista that helps a lot!

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yek
T.F's Resident Cool Guy...

Send a message via AIM to Yek Send a message via MSN to Yek Send a message via Yahoo to Yek

Don't be intemidated by the rules. There mainly there to stop the spambots.
It's pretty much common sense and keeps this place nice and relaxed

If you have any questions post them up (however stupid). We were all there once and it's only through our mistakes that we learn.

If you have any questions that you dont wish to share with the foums you can also PM a mod or ask in the confidential forum located towards the bottom.

Welcome to the forums dude!

Cheers,

~ Tkey
Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Hello Jables18OSxxx,

I am your resident Widnows Geek. I am also your resident Microsoft MVP for Windows Desktop Experience. So i will be able to help you with many answers along the way.

Now as far as where to post your questions that is simple. Just post them up where you think they fit. IF we think that they do not we will move them.

We are more forgiving with new members as it does seem a tad bit intimidtaing when you first join. Only after you reach about 200 posts do we really start to get upset.

Just kidding.

But in all seriousness. Post up your questions where you feel they fit. The Color issue i am not exactly sure what you mean. So you can try the Windows area or maybe even the web Image area. But go ahead and post it up in Widnows and we will get to work on how to get your Laptop running nicely for you.

Cheers,
Mak

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-22-2008, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Welcome to Tech-Forums. don't worry, if you post in the wrong section we'll just move it. It's when people do it regularly just to get more responses that it frustrates us.

Welcome fellow Aussie!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Wow..supermod double post

Welcome to the forums, we're a nice bunch of people (well, most of us) we're willing to help.

I'll see you down in the audio section, and offtopic ofcourse (The king section for debates and arguments )
Old 07-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

yeah VB apparently doesn't like me this afternoon it's the third double post of mine i've had to remove. i didn't send twice, just seems VB is a bit overexcited .
Old 07-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

welcome to the forum, good to have you with us.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

It's great to have you with us.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Closed Thread