Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolin

Beta member
I'm a 55 year old who's trying to learn a bit more about building/upgrading/repairing computers and related hardware. I got 2 young children (3 & 4 years old) who already get a lot out of my old desktop, which I hope to upgrade. I've got a real problem with a external hardrive which has all my photo's and video's of them.

I posted the following a few days ago, but no one has replied.

Ive blown the power on my Seagate 1 TB external hardrive by plugging in my laptop cable by mistake. I bought a new Seagate 1 TB in the hope of switching over the power unit. It hasnt worked. I notice though that the old unit spec says:

+5V 0.72A
+2V 0.2A

The new one says: +5V 0.83A
+12v 0.31A

I really dont know what Im doing, but think these specs mean the new power unit isnt powerfull enough to boot up the old drive.

I was also hoping to fit one of the drives into my desktop as an additional permanent memory.

I really would appriceate any help/advice on this as theres a lot other data on the old one I need to access. Thanks

Welcome to Tech-Forums :)
It is probably possible to fit the drive into your desktop (which would also solve the power supply issue). We'll need the specs of your system (or if it's a pre-built, the manufacturer and model) and the model of the hard drive to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom