Highly Recommended - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Highly Recommended

This site comes highly recommended by a fellow member of a car enthusiast forum as THE place to search information and get advice for my pc. I am currently attempting to rootcause a peculiar combination of problems - the biggest problem being inability to get a trustworthy backup of all my personal files that has me sweating bullets since it appears the system is on the verge of failing completely.

Some personal history is my first-ever work pc was an IBM with the optional 512Kb RAM and even a 10Meg harddrive! That was in 1988. My first personal pc was a Pentium1-60Mhz with an amazing 1GB harddrive purchased in '93! This was when everyone else was running 486-66'es and very few people knew what a 'gigabyte' was. I was told by the Gateway sales tech it was officially the 8th Pentium they had sold in America. Interesting story if true, but that unit was recycled in '99 for my first Dell, and now I'm on my second Dell as of 3 years ago.

I'm sure impressed by how well computers operate, but I'm also aware of how easily they break. I look forward to learning how to navigate this forum and get smarter with my system.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Highly Recommended

Hey, welcome to the forums! Is the person who referred you here a member here as well?

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I expect so, but I do not know his handle on this forum. All he and I share in common at this point are fanatic devotion to '94-'96 Impala SS'es, along with all other last-gen GM B- and D- body cars.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Almighty Forensica

Welcome to Tech-Forums
Desktop i5-4440 - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - EVGA GTX970 - 4x4GB 1600MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Be Silent Base 800 - 3TB+1TB+640GB
Laptop i7-3740QM @ 2.7GHz, 2x4GB 1600Mhz, GT640M, OCZ Agility 3 120GB
Smartphone HTC One M8 - Sense 7 - 6.0

Uni MSci Ethical Hacking, Coventry University
Work Trainee Cell Site Analyst
LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Closed Thread

« Hello | Ayeee Oh »