hi my name is

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
hi,

My alias is csamuels aka Dopes. I'm an information systems tech for a local insurance company. I support the company's approx 80 desktops and 10 or so servers. We have a Windows and Novell network setup with most of our clients using win98, we'd love to get away from it however one of our apps won't run on newer os's (yes, we tried xp's compatability modes). Most of our servers are win2k, we also have a sco unix, novell 4.x, suse linux router.

My main job is to build configure maintain and troubleshoot the users pcs.

I just got a new dvd/cd rw combo drive, but haven't had the time to play with it yet. At home im running a win2k pc and my parents win me, yuk, connected to a inet gateway to verizon dsl line.

Re: Re: hi my name is

Bleep said:
Must keep you busy...

Welcome to TF :)

There are spots where im not told what to do, but when they give me a 1/2 big project , its fun to conquer.

Right now, I have user users that want to fax out of one phone line. So i installed WinFax Pro, from symantec, a win2k box as the server/host for faxing docs (she had the modem for faxing). Then i have client wkst that connects to the host to send any faxes the clent wants to send.

Actually i haveing problems with windows freezing when trying to send a fax, but the client is running win98 which i want the company to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom