Hi from Malaysia - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Default Hi from Malaysia

I'm new here. I logged on 'cos I have a problem. I tried loading GTA 4 Liberty City Episodes to a HP Pavilion desk top PC which uses Windows 7 Home Premium. It's a new computer with lots of memory. I get Error Code 2 saying some files not extracted, and some negative code: -1073741790 and the Output file not being created.

The strange thing is that the same GTA 4 DVD can be loaded on a lower end Compaq laptop which uses Windows 7 Home Basic.

I was browsing the internet and saw something related to RAM Timing too tight which may cause the error.

Somewhere else, it says something about older files of GTA 4 which should be deleted.

Elsewhere I heard about dll files which may need to be copied from the Windows 2 Home Basic version.

I'm not a techie, so I'm nervous about trying the various suggestions and ending up with a non-functional computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Thomas
Closed Thread