Hi everyone from Michigan!

jreidsma

Baseband Member
Hello everyone :D

I've been a computer hobbiest for a while now. I have well over a dozen computers, most of them older desktops but they still count :p ;)

My main computers are a windows seven desktop with six GBs RAM and a terabyte HD. And a 728geforce gaming video card I think (the one for final fantasy fourteen, which sucked by the way...)

Then I have a desktop that I built. A pentium four cpu linux tower. Has kororaa on it.

My first personal computer was my first laptop, a compaq presario v2000. I have sense upgraded it with a gig and a half of RAM and a 120GB HD.

My favorite right now is perhaps my brand new $200 Chromebook c7 that I got the day after christmas at best buy :D They day after I put Ubuntu linux on it lol. I love that little thing. I have all my photo, video, audio, editing and pretty much everything I could think of on it already.

One thing though, I am paranoid about security. My firefox has at least a dozen add ons for security alone (even on the linux computers) and I have anti-virus on all computers. On the linux computers I have clamav/tk and avast! along with chkrootkit and rkhunter.

Perhaps my more bigger hobbies are raising and keeping plants and animals. I keep many exotic/rare plants and animals. Psuedolithos, lithops, adeniums, pachypodiums, jades, crassula, climbing onions (sea onions), cacti, and many other caudex growing or succulent plants. Then I keep and breed beetles, scorpions, tarantulas, shrimp, and many other invertebrates. Along with my many fish tanks, which can contain pufferfish to my endlers livebearers.

I also have my own website about Tillandsia (Air plants). Called The Tillandsia Forums. They are wonderful plants. They need no roots to survive and grow on trees or other objects :D

Well, Hello everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom