Hi everyone I need help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Hi everyone I need help

Hello guys i just bought the tower today HP it's system processor is 3.5 and 10 gb of ram I had windows 8 was awesome everything was good then I downloaded java to play a game I. Wanted to play and winrar there not viruses because I scanned my whole cp with norton anyways I've tried any possible way to fix this reset cp system restore delete history everything... Reset modem everytime since an hour ago it says page can't be displayed and I still am connected because my Skype works on here what the heck please some one help I just got this today and can't even use it :/

Shaneischill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

Default Re: Hi everyone I need help

Welcome to the forums.

This section is for people to introduce themselves, I noticed that you have posted another thread and have moved it to the most appropriate section.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
kmote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi, try going to add and, remove programs remove all the programs that did this
then go to java .com and, down load java from the site and, before you down load java and after you remove programs do a disk clean up hope this helps it did for me bye.

It's a known fact that 10 gbs of ram could be a problem one is that any program and game out there does not require anything over 1gbs to 8gbs and let me tell you somthing if I could its all up to how you set up your computer I am still running 512mbs of ram and, my computer boots up in 25 seconds my computer is super fast of course I am a computer programmer to. Try getting a computer magazine at drug store or walmart it will show you how to set up your computer. hope this helps.
411 tech king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Hi everyone I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 tech king View Post
It's a known fact that 10 gbs of ram could be a problem one is that any program and game out there does not require anything over 1gbs to 8gbs and let me tell you somthing if I could its all up to how you set up your computer I am still running 512mbs of ram and, my computer boots up in 25 seconds my computer is super fast of course I am a computer programmer to. Try getting a computer magazine at drug store or walmart it will show you how to set up your computer. hope this helps.
Highly debatable. Not sure how you got the "known fact" that 10GB of RAM is a problem.

If you multitask a great deal, run programs that render images, etc., ample amount of RAM is pretty much a necessity.

For Win7/Win8 nowadays, 512MB of RAM is not going to cut it for the most part, just because of the OS itself. If you're running a very streamlined version of XP or a Linux distro, then yes, 512MB would be alright.

Also, most computer magazines are quite biased in certain ways, because they get funding from certain companies for adspace and mentions in the magazine.

I'm also a CS major (in progress); but just because somebody can program, doesn't mean they always know the best for a computer. I know a lot of CS and even Electronic Engineer majors who don't know as much as me about computers, just for the fact that I've been working in IT / computer repair related jobs since high school.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote