Hi all. Just joined...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikenk

Baseband Member
Hello to everybody!

I just joined this forum today. Finally found a place where I can trade info with real computer people...

As for me: I'm 34 years old, live in Boston, MA, and work as a technician in the Semiconductor Manufacturing world (lucky to still have a job...). I enjoy computers and photography as my main hobbies. Also love home theater and movies!

My father brought home a Dell 486/33 computer long ago (cutting edge back then) and my life was forever changed. Since then I've home built all my PC's (when I could get the money together). There are still many details about hardware and software that I have yet to learn (which is why I joined this forum) but I consider myself above-average in computer knowledge. I'm the only one in the family who knows about computers, so I get a LOT of support calls from my family and friends...

Up until last year, I had a home-made P-II/400 computer with 512MB RAM and a Voodoo 3 3000 video card. My brother-in-law wanted to get a new computer, so he gave me his old one: Compaq EVO 300: P-4/1.7GHz and an NVIDIA Vanta card. I made several upgrades and am getting the money (and the pitch to the wife) together to build a newer, better gaming machine.

Look forward to discussing things in the future!

VikenK

You think were real people but were all in the dream world and really in real life were controlled by machines.

Its ok tho, soon the prophecy will be fufilled and Tech-Forums will be saved. I believe its not a matter of hope, but a matter of time.

anyways
WELCOME TO TF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom