Hi!

JerseyDevil

Beta member
I've been involved with computers from mainframes to tablets, including smartphones (simply a general-purpose microcomputer with telephony, camera, etc). My technical interests include:

Any microcomputer device, especially those running versions of Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and Android, and their accessories

Software for Windows and Android devices

VoIP telephony

3D printers

Drones

Please don't get me wrong because I didn't mention Apple products. I just haven't had much experience with those products. Nevertheless, Steve Jobs was one of my favorite people. I even had a meeting with Steve about Atari's World Cup Soccer game around 1975 just before he began his meteoric rise to fame and fortune. Unfortunately, I never saw him in person again.

By the way, Atari and the Byte Shop didn't look as depicted in the biopic Jobs. I well remember seeing an Apple II in the Byte Shop in Mountain View, CA, around 1977. I declined to buy the Apple II because I wanted a computer containing a monitor. Several years were to pass before I saw my dream machine, an Intertec Superbrain running CP/M, at a computer show in San Francisco in 1980. I bought a Superbrain, some software, and a dot-matrix printer shortly after that for around $4400, the Superbrain costing $3000 of that overall cost. And, away I went...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom