Hi - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Residential Loon
Default Re: Hi

Got to say Luke, this has been one introduction to remember. But if you can write a Tutorial I would greatly appricate that. In the Question I posted, I was looking to encrypt a File (been Reading) and thus not create a container file. As to wich if you're creating a container file, thus the space is being reserved on the acutall Hard Drive and the Infomation is being written on the fly and encrypted to the specified Encryption Algorythm to that container file.

I was acutally takeing a File and haveing it Deleted from the Drive, and thus not sure how to Monut the acutall Encrypted File, as the Program was creating from wheat I could gather a Container but the file was resideing on the Desktop. Can you write a Tutorial, as I have alot of Questions, and please be paitent, as I would love to become fluent with this program, and Encrypt a Full HDD of my own here at home, or even take it further and encrypt a Network?

This Program looks amazeing beneeth the surface. I come accross the program a Few years ago but dismaissed it, as I think I destroyed a 1GB Kingston Data Traveler USB Flash Drive.

How would I acutally go about Encrypting a File and thus not createing a Container File to be written to but takeing a Test File of some Family Photos and encrypting them, Would I have to copy them to USB Encrypt them and, thus deleating the original files say on a USB Stick and being able to access them via True Crypt when Mounted.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice
Lightbulb Re: Hi

unfortunately truecrypt can't encrypt the files themselves But there is a program that can but I can't remember the name UGH! That is annoying if I remember I will try to get to you but I can't PM yet as I need 40 posts but I will try and get 40 posts okay? Then we can chat in more detail about this awesome program.

I got it!!! Axcrpyt! here is the link to their site: http://www.axantum.com/axcrypt/ It is a free program and does exactly what you appear to be looking for. I will attempt to write a tutorial for it aswell but I can only do so much in one go !

Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice
Default Re: Hi

You could always encrypt the data in place but that only works for USB's AND you have to mount it so yeah use axcrpyt and it works easily In all windows types although I don't know about macs and Linux but check their site for more info

Closed Thread