OH okay you need help with the program itself! Oh yes I can help there. Okay so what you need to do is open truecrypt if you have it if not then get it because you need it to understand what I am saying. Although there is a good guide on their site about making volumes. I will post pics under this but I gotta upload them first!
1. Open truecrypt and click new volume.
2. Click Create a new encrypted file container. Clcik Next (don't worry about encrypting your USB or C: drive yet!)
3. Just click standard volume. Click Next
4. Specify where the FILE for the volume will be placed (VIP!!) (Choose my documents for starters) Click Next.
5. Then choose your encryption type AND hash algorithm however if your just starting out just stick to the defaults. Click Next.
6. Choose the size. There are 3 buttons KB, MB, GB. These mean Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes. Choose the amount of gigs or megs you want it to be I usually go for 500 megs for a start.
7. Make a password. Be sure to make it 20 characters or more or truecrypt will recommend that you make a bigger password but if you don't care just click okay to the little window that pops up.
8. Then Format the volume and voila it will say volume created.
9. Go to my documents. You will see a blank file named whatever you named the volume. That is the volume however you cannot access it unless you mount it! But that will be in the next post.
The X's mean DON'T TOUCH! okay?
Okay this is how to mount a drive:
Okay so what I have shown you should clear that up. But your not encrypting the actual file your placing it in an encrypted volume. Which to access the file you will need to mount the volume in Truecrypt and then go to my computer and access it from there.
Hope this helped. Oh and Admins sorry about all the big posts and all of that but I couldn't fit all of it into 1 post so I had to make multiple posts. I am thinking about making a tutorial for Truecrypt. If there is already one then no but if not then yes I will make one