Hey People

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncantara

Solid State Member
My name is Nick, 24 years old and been around computers since I was about 5. Don't know a ton of the new specifications these days involved with computers since I don't stay current all the time so looking to learn a lot of new stuff on these forums. I have my associates degree in Computer Networking and currently pursuing a bachelor's in computer information systems specializing in computer programming. I hope to be in the career of programming some day, part of a team, either C++ or database work, just seems real interesting. Not sure where to start on programming either to get my foot in the door. I've done some HTML, Java and Flash, but still pretty amateur at it.

How many years you been doing it and what languages? I need a solid foundation to start off which is hard to determine in today's market and economy, any suggestions?

I know about 4 languages very well, another 5 moderately well, and struggling along in 2 more :p

Depends what field you're really trying to get into. I'd suggest C# and Java as languages you should know, as well as Python or PHP

Any good places to start or books to pick up? I'm really looking to be part of a software development team for a company, either doing database work, GUI or command driven which I believe would be C++ for the command-driven stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom