Hey folks

HunterjWizzard

Solid State Member
Just wanted to pop my head in and post an introduction before I go and start posting. I am an IT site manager and hobbyist. I have more computers than most people.

Welcome to the forums!

Just wanted to pop my head in and post an introduction before I go and start posting. I am an IT site manager and hobbyist. I have more computers than most people.
I have five that are currently hooked up. Two laptops and three desktops. I probably have enough parts laying around to build one and maybe two computers but I'm not 100% sure. How many do you have?

Let's see...

15 currently hooked up through a 16-port KVM(8 of which also have a second monitor through an 8-port KVM), 1 main workstation, 1 multimedia machine, 1 remote gateway(has no monitor, jst power and network, used for remote work and burning CDs), 1 file server, 1 game server, 3 laptops, and.... probably enough parts to build four or five more, pluss way to many extra video cars, hard drives, and RAM.

My desk is also dominated by 5x24" screens on a giant hex-stand, a extra 17"(just for the media PC) and an old 22" CRT I still use when I just need the raw power of a giant tube...

...I may have a bit of a tech-hoarding problem.

That's insane :tongue:
I have three I use daily, the two you see in my sig and my work desktop.

Welcome to the forums!

I DO only use 3 or 4 of those machines on a regular basis(my workstation, media system, and currently non-functioning file server...) the rest are for various hobbies/niche rolles, or rendering. When the render farm comes online it gets... hot.

Back
Top Bottom